Sunday, 16 October 2011

Unravelling Mysteries...

After a weekend of running around (what's new about that!?), I am finally relaxing in our basement, warmed by the fireplace, and listening to Rebecca struggling to advance through Moonlight Sonata.  She is reading the sheet music that once belonged to my mother, which is marked with her comments and reminders throughout the piece, and asking me to compare renditions she is playing and guide her in the right direction (using only my memory of how it sounded when Mom would play).  Ironic, because as she struggles across the room, I am trying to unravel the mysteries of my family tree...figure out which Ancestry trial to sign up for...and which version of Family Tree Maker to buy...we are both trying to unravel my mother's mysteries...on parallel paths...but by different means.

I am feeling disappointed this evening...I was hoping to find my Bubbie Lou's family tree research today...but there is so much to go through in my parents' storage lockers, and it is proving to be both frustrating and painful for Dad and for me...one day at a time...soon enough we will find what we are looking for....

In the meantime, I will follow up with Ancestry tomorrow and finally choose the software and trial membership so  I can connect with the Phyllises and start to answer my growing list of questions...

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend filled with fun, friends and fantastic food!  I know we did, but that is another blog for another day.  B'Tayavon and Buon Appetito!