Monday, 5 December 2011

Bubbie Lou's Chocolate Chip Cookies


The finished product - yumm!

I LOVE BAKING!  Nothing leaves me feeling more content than seeing all my cookie jars filled with fresh baking, and watching my family munching on home-made treats.  So…after I finished grocery shopping and unloading/washing up everything yesterday I went on a cooking/baking frenzy.  I made 3 dinners for this week, in addition to a batch of banana-caramel-chocolate-coconut muffins, cheesecake and mint chocolate chip cookies. 

Today I will feature the chocolate chips cookie recipe - these cookies are fantastic! Just to shake things up a bit, I added mint chocolate buds this time – delicious!

Ready, set, bake!


They are nut-free, so they can go to school, and while they are light, they are really satisfying – 2 will suffice and should quell your sweets craving. 




As far as the cheesecake goes, I will have to let you know if it was a success this time around – it is chilling in the fridge and waiting to be topped with fresh blueberries and served this evening.  Stay tuned for Creation of a Cheesecake – Part II.

In the meantime, wishing a wonderful day filled with friends, fun and fantastic food!  B’Tayavon and Buon Appetito!

Bubbie Lou’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
  • ¾C brown sugar
  • ¾C soft butter or margarine
  • 1¾C flour
  • 1 egg
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • chocolate chips or chunks

Method:
Preheat oven to 300F° - 315F.  Mix butter & sugar.  Mix dry ingredients separately, then add to butter & sugar mixture.  Add vanilla.  Once batter is completely mixed, fold in chocolate chips or chunks.  Place1 tbsp scoops 2 inches apart on a baking sheet (I always use parchment).  These cookies don’t spread much as they’re baking.  The recipe calls for 10 - 12 minutes.  My cookies were rather large, so I baked them for 20 minutes and they came out perfect!