Tuesday, 10 July 2012

My Mother's Treasure turns 1! Happy Anniversary!

Photo source: http://www.tabletalkatlarrys.com/

Last night I had an urge to write, and so I did...2 blog posts to be exact.  It was one of those rare times when my heart, soul and fingers were in tune with one another and the words just flowed onto the page.  So, I went with it and wrote.  It never occurred to me that exactly 1 year earlier I followed a similar urge to write, and posted my first of 94 blog posts (thus far). 

Can you believe it?!?!  I forgot my own anniversary!!

Oh, what a wonderful, exciting year it has been.  Granted, it's had its ups and downs, but I have met many people from around the world, reconnected with family and discovered new family, started a family history collection of recipes and stories from my kids, and rediscovered my Mom...

My longing for days gone by was the driving force behind My Mother's Treasure, and while "what was, was" (another of my mother's favourite sayings - but pronounce the "w" as "v" - "vat vas, vas"), I did discover that I am ready to face this world without my mother beside and behind me...because she is inside me...thank you Mom, for preparing me to take on the world without you holding my hand, and for you and Dad teaching me to look inside myself to find the strength I need...it is there, in all of us, we just have to dig deep, look hard and believe in ourselves.  

And now, as fate has reversed our roles, I will stand beside and behind my mother, and hold her hand as we continue to walk this AD journey together.

Thank you all for reading and following My Mother's Treasure.  I am honoured and grateful for your interest and continued support.  And please, keep coming back, there are many more recipes to come in Year #2.

Until next time, thank you for visiting, and I wish you a wonderful day filled with family, fun, friends and fantastic food.  B'Tayavon & Buon Appetito!