Friday, 21 September 2012

I'll Love You Forever, I'll Like You For Always...I will remember...


If you had told me 10 years ago that I would be blogging about my mother, who fell prey to Alzheimer's Disease at the age of 59, I would never have believed you. 

I thought it might happen one day, but not so soon.  I don't think anyone expects it to happen to them - this is a disease that touches someone else, someone elderly...

Today, as I write this short note, I remember the amazing life my mother gave me, my father, my brother and my kids and Carlo.  I remember the love, the nurturing, the smiles and the laughter.  I remember the lessons she taught, the traditions she passed down, the obstacles she overcame, the home (and meals) she lovingly made for her family...and I smile. 

Thank you all for sharing this journey with me...MMT readership makes me feel a little less alone on this long and difficult road...knowing that her memory lives on, even if it is lost to her, takes the edge off the searing pain of losing her spirit far too soon.

For everyone out there who has been affected by, is/was living with Alzheimer's...let us remember together, and remain vigilant in our efforts to fight this disease. 

(Sorta) in the words of Robert Munsch:

 Joychee - I love you forever, I like you for always, as long as I am living, your baby I'll be